The Loch Murray Dancers Compete in Scotland!
- January 17, 2010
The Loch Murray Highland dancers are back from Scotland.
Congratulations to Abigael Le who placed 6th overall in the Scottish Championships.
Scroll to the bottom of the page to see the complete results.
Other than the competitions, the Loch Murray Dancers danced in the Queen Anne Gardens of Stirling Castle. The girls' Scottywood number was a very well received finale in a show full of variety that included choreographed dances and an audience participation number. The Loch Murray dancers have been invited back next year to perform.
Olivia and Abigael show off their Cowal medals.
Kelsey (number 633, at right) dances at Cowal.
Brianna receives her World Qualifier Certificate for the Saturday World Championships.
Full Results from the 2010 Scotland trip:
- Brianna Campbell - Junior World Qualifier at Cowal Highland Gathering (6th Judge's placing at World's)
- Abigael Le - 5th Runner up - Bute Championship and 6th overall at the Cowal Scottish Championship
- Melanie Lemieux - Dance Captain of the Stirling Castle Show
- Olivia Hollett - Bute Championship medal, Commonwealth Championship medal and Cowal Scottish Championship medal
- Kelsey Campbell - Commonwealth Championship medal
- Isabella Maestri - 4 gold medals and class trophy at Rannoch Highland Gathering
- Olivia Allan - silver and gold medal at Rannoch Highland Gathering
- Anna Gregory - 4 silver medals at Rannoch Highland Gathering. 2 silver medals, 3 bronze medals at Birnam Highland Games
2010 Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation Telethon of Hope
- January 17, 2010
The Loch Murray Dancers appeared in the 2010 Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation Telethon of Hope which was broadcast live from St. Laurent Centre on Sunday, January 17, 2010 on /A\ in Ottawa. Play the video below to view this performance.
Click here to download a copy of the video (533 MB). Warning, this is a large file.
Brogue- June 30, 2009
"Brogue" a professional Irish and Celtic show with live Musicians directed by Michael Patrick Farrell and the Celtic Dance Company made their Ottawa debut on Tuesday, June 30th at the Alumni Theatre at Ottawa University.
The large audience was soon clapping along to the music and thoroughly enjoyed the "fast flying feet".
Numerous Ottawa dancers from the Loch Murray Dancers' studio where invited by their instructor Michael Farrell, to be part of the show and join the company onstage.
Dancers opened the show with some set pieces as well as a complicated group dance choreographed by Terrie Kember and first performed at Centrepointe Theatre.
It was a marvelous event!
You can visit the Brogue website by clicking here.